Large Propel Grants
The Propel Grants aim to support collaborative research efforts in their pursuit of external funding and maximize competitiveness of external funding applications.
$50,000 Grant Supported Activities
Activities should be specific and may involve generating additional data, field exhibitions, or demonstrating feasibility, as needed. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- accessing archives,
- conducting additional research experiments,
- consulting with experts,
- performing data analysis,
- hiring research assistants,
- implementing a triangulation protocol,
- producing questionnaires and surveys, and/or
- performing research site visits,
- other elements to enhance chances of funding success.
Note that all applicable university fees apply. Award funds may be used to cover these expenses (e.g., Fees for Visiting Student Researchers, shared facility hourly rates, dedicated computing resources on Sherlock, Oak monthly storage, etc.).
RDO invites applications from Stanford faculty for Propel Grants and anticipates awarding up to $500,000 per year, with awards ranging from $5,000 to $50,000.